Take a look around

Saturday, April 14

Style Stands Alone x Senghye Yang

I am a big fan of fellow British menswear blog, Style Stands Alone. It's always great to see success when it's in your own backyard. This seems like the month that you guys get to learn about me and where my interests come from. I was an Art student at GCSE and during that time completed a number of different pieces, I found most comfort in using ink and watercolour on cartridge or watercolour paper. I liked the permanency of the ink and the fluidity of the watercolour, they're opposites which I like. Probably one of my favourite things is when fashion and art come together, for example at New York Fashion WeekRichard Haines did these great sketches in charcoal and his work has been featured in GQ Taiwan and Lab Magazine.

images via

Unionmade Lookbook

Feature in Lab Magazine

The guys over at Style Stands Alone have collaborated with Senghye Yang, a graphic artist who started her design education in Philadelphia, proceeded to attend the London College of Communication and then went onto Central St Martins where she completed her Masters in Communication Design. SSA stumbled upon this talented lady's work and a partnership formed. All the images are via Yang's website and feature the best looks the team saw during London Fashion Week. Illustrations include looks from Oliver Spencer and Agi&Sam. Check out the great work below.






No comments:

Post a Comment