Take a look around

Tuesday, March 6

Jil Sander SS12

So this and a few other goodies popped into the ol' inbox the other day. It's funny to think that this is Raf Simons penultimate collection for Jil Sander, after he stated he would be 'leaving Milan, forever'. Known for revitalising couture shapes and, at times, credited for starting the trend for bright colours and bringing them to the line that Jil is once again going to head. He has been rumoured to be heading to Dior (after John Galliano was very publicly denounced for his behaviour and ousted from the couturier) and still owns his own eponymous line in Antwerp where he's from. I'm very excited to see where he goes from here.

I'm very happy to give you a look at the latest offerings for SS from Jil Sander at LN-CC. I'm very impressed with the selection and it cements in my mind that Raf has one of the more discerning eyes in the industry when it comes to fabrics, shape and proportion. I'm a fan of both Jil and Raf as individuals because they did something very different with their designs, emphasizing simplicity which I love. The collection boasts a number of tailored garments such as the pleated Tyson short and trouser. One of my favourite pieces is the python print t-shirt, a welcome change from all the camo and floral we've been seeing. The colours are quite muted from what I've seen from Raf at Jil but needless to say the colours are right on the money with splashes of yellow and a fantastic salmon jacket.

Check out my favourites below and in full over at LN-CC

JIL SANDER MEN'S PYTHON PRINT T-SHIRT

JIL SANDER MEN'S SIRACUSA JACKET

JIL SANDER MEN'S OVERSTITCHED T-SHIRT

JIL SANDER MEN'S JACKET
Images courtesy of LN-CC (cheers Alex)

No comments:

Post a Comment