Take a look around

Wednesday, July 18

Me? A Street Style Photographer?



In ways yes and no. Yes, I take pictures of well dressed people on the street; no, I'm not ready to share my work - stupid, I know but I like to keep an air of mystery about me. I've been following street style since I fully got into menswear, I read the Facehunter, The Sartorialist, The Style Scout and STYLECLICKER and was really inspired. It's always been an intention of mine to create my own content because if I'm being honest writing about other people's work can get a bit monotonous and who really knows you work and write about it as well as you can.

In recent years I've grown frustrated and have developed an insatiable hunger for new and exciting pastures and found other, newer street style photographers like Tommy Ton, Nam (of STREETFSN) and Liam Goslett (Gaws) who took a different approach to the art - capturing details and movement instead of the stoic style a lot of others adopted. I like the fact that a lot of the newer street style shooters are removed from their subjects, in a way capturing a moment in the subjects day to day rather than removing them from it by asking them to stand and pose. That style can seem a little contrived. I adopted the removed method gaining slight creeper status as I'd sometimes shadow my subject hoping to catch that ideal flash of light or that moment.


I'll keep you guys updated on this and hopefully you'll be seeing my work in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment